[lbo-talk] Woman Auctions Off Her Virginity

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 12 11:46:07 PDT 2008

Dude I posted this maybe a week or so ago?

http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20080908/014617.html

I made sure to include, as you did, her specific mentioning of capitalist ideology in her decision. Callous cash payment, as the bearded German said! :)

It's okay; Hurricane Ike will probably kill me anyway, so I'll need back-up posters....

-B.

Thomas Seay wrote:

"http://news.aol.com/article/student-auctioning-virginity-at-brothel/169951 "I don't think auctioning my virginity will solve all my problems," she told celebrity television show The Insider on Wednesday. "But it will create some financial stability. I'm ready for the controversy, I know it will come along. I'm ready to do this." "We live in a capitalist society. Why shouldn't I be allowed to capitalize on my virginity?" she added."