[lbo-talk] Lefty Elitism and Its Enemies: A Recursive Comedy With Infinite Acts

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 21:26:10 PDT 2008

On Fri, Sep 12, 2008 at 6:39 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:

So, for the sake of clarity, could you, pretty please pretty please, tell us
> what you actually think about this issue?

You want my final word on whether a major metropolis is more interesting that a small town?

While I'm at it, should I say once and for all whether I prefer the Clash or the Ramones? Beethoven or Mozart?

Sorry, no can do. It all depends on any number of subjective factors, both external and internal, at any given time.

But it becomes silly when someone stakes out a claim that one is objectively better than the other, then defends it as if there were anything objective about the question to begin with.