[lbo-talk] Palin bubble losing air?

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Tue Sep 16 14:27:16 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 10:17 PM, shag <shag at cleandraws.com> wrote:
> At 03:54 PM 9/16/2008, Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
>> And after all, Palin didn't begin one of the most important speeches
>> of her life with the inane:
>>
>> "With profound gratitude and great humility, I accept your
>> nomination for the presidency of the United States."
>
> i think you had a case of bitch slippage. you meant to say obama, not palin.

I said "Palin didn't begin" her speech that silly way. Because, as you know, Obama did.

(I hope to never suffer from "bitch slippage," whatever that is. ;) Sounds like a nasty disease or something embarrassingly sexist.)

I thought Palin's nomination speech was the best of the bunch, in terms of political theater. So what if it was read from a teleprompter, and written by a crack squad of writers? Everyone's speeches were crafted and delivered in a carefully controlled environment that's probably the envy of many a lab.

Tayssir