[lbo-talk] Palin bubble losing air?

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Tue Sep 16 14:38:11 PDT 2008

>>> "Tayssir John Gabbour"

shag

Tayssir John Gabbour wrote:
>> And after all, Palin didn't begin one of the most important
speeches
>> of her life with the inane:
>>
>> "With profound gratitude and great humility, I accept your
>> nomination for the presidency of the United States."
>
> i think you had a case of bitch slippage. you meant to say obama, not
palin.

I said "Palin didn't begin" her speech that silly way. Because, as you know, Obama did.

^^^^ CB: At first, everybody agreed that all of O's speeches were great...but many said that he should get absolutely no credit for that .

"He makes great speeches, but what has he done ?" Now , of course , he says something that somebody thinks is "inane" ( and the statement is not quite inane, by the way; and he really doesn't have to say something profound in every statement) and that 's what is emphasized. This is "damned if he does; damned if he doesn't" treatment, typical of much said about him.

Palin's speech was good ...if one is a National Feminist.