[lbo-talk] Palin bubble losing air?

Percival Myers permaceaem at gmail.com
Thu Sep 18 09:24:40 PDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Shane Mage wrote:

> Saying "comparison", invoking similarity not identity, is pure invention.

Claiming she called herself a bitch is pure invention. The difference is exactly the same as the difference between a quote and a paraphrase: one is what she said, one isn't.

> She said "What is the difference between a pit bull and a hockey mom?
> Lipstick ha ha ha" If *the* difference is lipstick the rest is not
> different. What is not different is the same. If X is the same as Y, Y can
> be substituted for X. If Mr. Myers had not wanked his way through junior
> high school algebra he would know that.

You are claiming that your paraphrase is equal to her direct quote. It isn't. You are effectively claiming that a pound of horsefeathers are the same as a pound of flour because they both weigh a pound, and the horsefeathers can therefore be substituted in the baking recipe. That's about as retarded as it gets. You mentioned algebra classes, where were you when basic logic was addressed?

If you want to call her a bitch, fine. Go ahead. I think she's a petty, vindictive and vengeful bitch. But I don't go around pretending that she called herself a bitch nor do I hide behind conventions of animal husbandry. The word I used to describe your earlier behavior was spot-on. Degenerate. The "wanker" reference is the clincher.