[lbo-talk] Palin & feminism

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Sep 19 10:15:27 PDT 2008

> On Sep 18, 2008, at 7:04 PM, shag wrote:
>
>> ?? what's not working?
>
> The quasi-"feminist" use of Palin to appeal to women voters.
>
> Doug

i don't know, what i saw of the whole thing was a focus on jesus talk, the humble me or my talk, the maverick talk. i didn't get much of a sense that she put herself forward or the republican party put her forward as a feminist candidate. count the number of times the woman says blessed. it's annoying, yes. it's code, an important word, for xtians speaking to xtians. (the testifying type of xtians that is)

they put her forward as a woman, yes. but not a feminist that i could tell.

which is why i figured they were after the xtian conservative women, which is the demographic that, for two campaigns now, shrub went after. what worked for him four years ago was phear talk.