[lbo-talk] America today

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 20 09:47:32 PDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 12:22 AM, andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In three years I have had maybe a half dozen lost books -- until the last three months, when I must have had another half dozen. Full refund, but it's costly. I asked what's up at the post office. Shrug, budget cutbacks, personnel reduction, antiquated machinery. That's life in the world's only superpower (for now).

You wouldn't happen to be sending from downtown Chicago?

Ten years back, when I worked in that big red building around the corner from you, I often had packages delivered. Or tried to. Anything sent Priority Mail had about a 50% chance of making it, with tracking ending in 606xx. I had to absolutely insist on UPS delivery for any assurance of getting it.

I haven't had that problem anywhere else.

-- Andy