[lbo-talk] race costing Obama about 6 points

Dmytri Kleiner dk at telekommunisten.net
Tue Sep 23 01:05:14 PDT 2008

On Mon, 22 Sep 2008 17:20:08 -0700 (PDT), andie nachgeborenen <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Fingers in ears, say what you like. I'm campaigning for Obama.

Please go ahead.

> Politics as usual is over. Bush II showed us that, Palin confirms it.

Economic power is now and will be tomorrow the basis of political power, and economic power, then and now, is rooted in privileges granted and enforced by violence.

> You don't know what it's like here.

Imaging the President, or any other American celebrity spokesmodel will make it any different is just self-delusion.

America is fighting tooth and claw to try and keep foreign wealth flowing into their country while a new global balance of power is emerging. It won't be pretty no matter who you "elect" to tell you the bad news.

If you prefer to have Obamma tell you about America's next wave of social cuts, financial bail out, or military crisis, that's well and good, but please don't pretend he can change the course of events in America or the world.

Cheers.

-- Dmytri Kleiner editing text files since 1981

http://www.telekommunisten.net