[lbo-talk] Amerika the delusional

Bill O'Connor billyoc at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 12:09:28 PDT 2008

Wojtek Sokolowski <swsokolowski at yahoo.com> writes:

> A majority of of PBS vieweres polled here
> http://www.pbs.org/cgi-registry/poll/poll.pl
> believe that Sarah Palin is qualified to be a VP.

No, they didn't.

The PBS poll didn't bother to make use of cookies, the laziest sin in the online polling business, which is saying something. I voted several tens of thousands of times myself before the poll was shut down. The use of cookies can be used to stop the casual partisan from voting multiple times, but can also be easily subverted. A more stronger measure of security can be had by IP tracking, this will stop all but the most technical of partisans, but it only takes ONE. <g>

Now, I understand that not everyone is a veteran of the dot.com wars of the '90s, but did anyone really think that 40,000,000 people voted in a FUCKING PBS POLL? <vbg>