[lbo-talk] Mind-boggling contempt for Bush

shag shag at cleandraws.com
Fri Sep 26 15:24:46 PDT 2008

At 04:41 PM 9/26/2008, Doug Henwood wrote:

>On Sep 26, 2008, at 9:38 AM, Dennis Perrin wrote:
>
>> I seriously doubt that the majority of American adults really cares
>>about these "debates," which really aren't debates
>
>Not sure about that. A record number of people say they plan to watch
>the debate, and there's some evidence that they can be decisive in
>close elections.
>
>Doug

really? i've been wondering about that in so far as i keep reading about Nixon looking bad in his debate with Kennedy. What I wondered was whether this was commentary at the time, or commentary in retrospect. Anyone remember or know about analyses of the event?

i left early from work tonight and as I left, I stopped by several folks, including the doormen, and asked them if they knew of any public place, a bar or club, that would be showing the debates. Everyone was just abuzz about the debates. My question with Carleton and Roosevelt (truly, their names) prompted people otherwise leaving the building to drop back and get involved in the discussion.

shag