[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

c b cb31450 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 06:33:30 PDT 2009

Carrol Cox

I haven't yet read Charles's reply below -- but Yes I think he would be "be blanketing the Internet with apologetics > for John Kerry" because the CP is committed to supporting the DP as the best available. I think that position is wrong for many reasons, but I don't think it grounded solely or even mostly in Obama's race. *** Now I've read Charles reply. My comment on that is that I do not criticize the enemy, which the U.S. President is ex officio; I oppose the enemy even while I might join in pressure to bring about certain policies on his part, but I neither praise nor condemn him as a person but only see him as the personification of all I want destroyed. I really think it silly to criticize him. Rather talkk about how we can organize to bring pressure on him -- that is, on the government, in respect to those polcies where we might have some leverage --if we forgot about the policies where we cannot possibly have leverage, yea or no (such as the bank bailout).

Carrol

^^^^^^ CB: Your comment portrays a falsely simplified version of the CP's actual positions now and historically on the DP. What you say is typical of ultra leftist distortions of those positions.

The best refutation of your claim is that right now the PWW supports Obama on his budget, EFCA, et al, but opposes the War on Afghanistan and the Wall Street bailout.