[lbo-talk] they need us - where are we?

Voyou voyou1 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 11:27:37 PDT 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-02 at 10:42 -0700, Chuck Grimes wrote:
> First off, the political and economic elite know exactly what to do
> to fix the system.
> The problem is they don't want to do it,

Indeed. They're so opposed to any attempt to think about alternatives, that the University of East London shut itself down entirely for two days to prevent an "Alternative G20 summit" from taking place. Hadas's idea that what all we're lacking is someone who can "articulate a coherent alternative to the establishment's tattered notions" is just idiotic (and far more naïve than the G20 protesters, who realize that what we need to figure out is how to bring about an alternative).

--

"The slightly richer ... eat in semi-darkness, preferring

candles to electricity. These candles make me laugh. All the

electricity belongs to the bourgeoisie, yet they eat by

candle-end. They have an unconscious fear of their own

electricity. They are embarrassed, like the sorcerer who has

called up spirits he is unable to control."

-- Vladimir Mayakovsky http://blog.voyou.org/ voyou at voyou.org