[lbo-talk] they need us - where are we?

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 2 11:54:26 PDT 2009

On Apr 2, 2009, at 2:27 PM, Voyou wrote:

> Indeed. They're so opposed to any attempt to think about alternatives,
> that the University of East London shut itself down entirely for two
> days to prevent an "Alternative G20 summit" from taking place. Hadas's
> idea that what all we're lacking is someone who can "articulate a
> coherent alternative to the establishment's tattered notions" is just
> idiotic (and far more naïve than the G20 protesters, who realize that
> what we need to figure out is how to bring about an alternative).

It's not idiotic at all. What's the alternative? I've been watching this stuff closely for more than 20 years, and I see little more than pious wishes about localization coming from the NGO-funded gang. The "Marxist" groupuscles have nothing to say except slogans from 1917. What alternative is that "we" are going to bring about, if we can just find the way?

Doug