[lbo-talk] Notes on an Orientation to the Obama Presidency

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Thu Apr 2 12:36:10 PDT 2009

Doug quoting Carrol:

====================================== Why in heaven's name would an incipient fascist movement appeal to the Democrats' liberal base which would be moving to the left in a deeper polarization, rather than to its most promising constituency: Republican conservatives who would be moving further to the right? It defies common sense and the history of fascism. Fascism would be garbed in Joe the Plumber's or Rush Limbaugh's clothes, not Barack Obama's nor those of liberal patricians like John Kerry. Carrol has astute things to say about many issues, but his fever about the Democrats provokes hallucinations...