[lbo-talk] the transitional program of the Marxoid groupuscles

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 19:54:53 PDT 2009

Well, and I mentioned this a while ago, this argument is absolutely void:

"Now, we see capitalism's gravediggers eagerly hoping the thing will kill itself and allow us to perform the burial. That could always happen, but it probably won't. The system has faced massive crises before and recovered. It emerged from fifteen years of Great Depression and world war to embark on its greatest run, the golden age of the 1950s and 1960s. "

In retrospect its clear that the recovery itself was kick started by the war. Production continued after the war through modified war-economy production lines, while consumption was spurred by high-wartime wages and a domestic market being gradually opened by the Marshall Plan.

In addition the Fascist countries which adhered to the Marshall Plan (Japan, Germany... i.e. the two main non-US post-war economies) took advantage of the low-wage economies produced during the Fascist times to export high tech goods to the global economy for lowered cost.