[lbo-talk] Marx without quotation marks

Joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Thu Apr 2 20:43:21 PDT 2009

Philip wrote:

"The increasing suicide trend, both internationally and in Ireland, is now a major public health problem. This is particularly so for young men, where there has been a four fold increase in the suicide rate in Ireland since 1990, making it the most common cause of death in young people."

Man is a social animal and the main thrust of capitalism is to break every connection. When all the connections are broken, life feels like death-in-life and there are no compensations for that. I assume this is also why the rate of reproduction is declining everywhere.

There is also the very high level of stress, anxiety, and depression because the system has no content and therefore we are all basically homeless.

Joanna