[lbo-talk] [Fwd: Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for NY shooting]

SA s11131978 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 16:06:44 PDT 2009

I didn't catch this when it was originally posted. Is this supposed to be the Binghamton shooting, which was carried out by a Vietnamese guy with a history of mental problems? If it is, it's hilarious that the Taliban are trying to claim credit for it. I would think this announcement would have the opposite effect from that intended.

-------- Original Message -------- Subject: [lbo-talk] Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for NY shooting Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 15:58:37 +0530 From: Sujeet Bhatt <sujeet.bhatt at gmail.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-04/04/content_11131154.htm

Xinhua

Pakistani Taliban claim responsibility for NY shooting

www.chinaview.cn 2009-04-04 15:45:02

ISLAMABAD, April 4 (Xinhua) -- Pakistani Taliban leader Baituallah Mehsud claimed Saturday responsibility for an attack on the U.S. civic association building in New York in which at least 13 people were killed, according to the private Geo TV.

"I accept responsibility. They were my men. I gave them orders in reaction to U.S. drone attacks," Mehsud told some journalists by telephone from an undisclosed location.