[lbo-talk] Prisons and The Left

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Mon Apr 6 11:23:40 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 2:02 PM, Carrol Cox wrote:
> I somewhat disappointed in the lack of imagination on the part of most
> responders to my proposal for elimination of the prison system. It
> does
> bear out, however, the failure of most to grasp what social
> construction
> means in material actuality (or at least a failure to incorporate that
> understanding into their oridnary thinking). The comments in the
> thread
> were, consequently, quite banal. It sort of bothers me to be
> forceed to
> spell out the obvious, but I guess the intellectual and imaginative
> limitions of posters to this list make it necessary.

Carrol is the wise grandpa that I never had. I ♥ this man! ;-)

Plus he is absolutely right on prisons... and on Socrates, that unwise grandpa that the rest of you have!

--ravi

P.S: Suck it up 7-bit ASCII boys. It’s a new world... Facebook... cloud computing... surely your mailreader can deal with it!

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/