[lbo-talk] Yves Smith: Treasury Trying to Defend Bank Gaming of Public-Private Partnership

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Mon Apr 6 20:46:08 PDT 2009

On Apr 6, 2009, at 11:30 PM, Doug Henwood wrote:

> I'm no fan of this scheme, to put it gently, but this assumes that
> the "market" price - based on thin trading in panic conditions - is
> somehow the right one.

Panics, by definition, are momentary. The last one (if it really was a panic and not a bluff) was last September. What we have since then is recognition of the depression. The "market price" is the estimate of real value by the same swindlers whom Obama asks to set the price at which the US gov't is to bail them out. Does anyone imagine that the two prices will be the same?

Shane Mage