[lbo-talk] Prisons and The Left

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 11:56:44 PDT 2009

Doug Henwood wrote:

> On Apr 6, 2009, at 8:04 PM, Mike Beggs wrote:
>
>> I am surprised Doug
>> wants to see someone in jail for stealing a car
>
> Why not? What do you do with someone who steals a car? Talk to them
> nicely and ask them not to do it again?
>
> Man, leftists really are out of touch.
>
> Doug

Community service? Prison should be for people who have demonstrated beyond any question that they will physically harm or kill members of the community. There are far more constructive ways to deal with people who steal our precious "stuff". I've had my house broken into twice and had one vehicle stolen. I also had someone steel my tires and wheels and leave my vehicle up on blocks. It would bother me to my grave if the people who did this were imprisoned for depriving me of my baubles no matter how much I valued them.

John Thornton