[lbo-talk] Prisons and The Left

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 7 16:21:17 PDT 2009

andie nachgeborenen wrote:
> Like the Marines say in Aliens when told they have to give up their explosive ammo, What are we supposed to use, harsh language?

Don't underestimate harsh language. After all according to Jordan threatening to harm someone is the same as physically assaulting them.

Jordan: "There is *no* *such* *thing* as a non-physical-assault Robbery!"

Robbery: "when he or she takes property, . . . from the person or presence of another by threatening use of force or by the use of force.

Physical assault or merely threatening physical assault are to be treated as indistinguishable acts of violence. Threats are actual physical assaults rather than emotional or mental assaults. Hell, even stepping in line in front of someone and calling them an asshole might be a robbery/physical assault if words can constitute a physical assault.

From a certain class perspective this is all pretty fucking convenient.

John Thornton