[lbo-talk] Prisons and The Left

Joseph Catron jncatron at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 15:28:30 PDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Sheldon <humanist.observer at gmail.com> wrote:

But lets face it, nobody is going to
> take a left seriously that proposes that we put thugs like these in
> luxury resort hotels.

Well, why the hell not? Does keeping him in humbler surroundings actually improve anything in the society outside? Does it have a rehabilitative effect? So what's the point, other than accentuating all the baser elements of bourgeois morality?

As a smarter man than I once asked, "San Quentin, what good do you think you do?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zgja26eNeY

(If Andie or anyone else posts a defense of retribution as an ideal, I promise to read it.)