[lbo-talk] TIME ZONE

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at aapt.net.au
Wed Apr 8 04:33:03 PDT 2009

At 10:57 AM +0000 8/4/09, Bill Bartlett wrote:

Ok, look I'm sorry about this business of the incorrect time stamp on my recent posts. New computer and I haven't worked out the secret of setting the time zone. I go into date and time, click Hobart tasmania as the closest city. Fine you would think, but it just won't save. It simply overrules me as soon as I tell it to go away. Next time I open it it has reverted to GMT. There is no "Save" function.

And I can't see any way to explain to the stupid thing that this is Hobart tasmania Daylight Saving Time. It insists that this is Eastern Standard Time.

The clock is really weird too. The time as I write is set at 11.10 AM in the digital display, but in the same window the analog clock is displaying ten past nine. ???

The analog display shows the correct time after it reverts to GMT However. But as soon as I click the correct time zone the analog clock zips back two hours. But not the digital time display. Weird.

Oh well, the new IMac is made in China, I guess we have to expect that standards are going to continue to decline.

OK, perhaps prison is still necessary. But it should be reserved for the very worst kinds of crimes against humanity. Incompetent software engineers at the top of the list. No, fuck it, the death penalty might be necessary. They are sub-human anyway.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas