[lbo-talk] TIME ZONE

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Tue Apr 7 18:50:42 PDT 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 7:33 AM, Bill Bartlett wrote:
> The analog display shows the correct time after it reverts to GMT
> However. But as soon as I click the correct time zone the analog
> clock zips back two hours. But not the digital time display. Weird.
>
> Oh well, the new IMac ...

So, new iMac => can I assume you are running Leopard? What you describe sounds strange indeed. Can you post screenshots somewhere (http://drop.io/ ). Also I assume the icon at the bottom is unlocked? There is indeed no "Save" option in most Mac OS X applications. That is because the UI folks at Apple decided its superfluous... you made the change, so the assumption (on their part) is that you want to save it.

Also do you have NTP enabled? ("Set date & time automatically").

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/