[lbo-talk] Prisons and The Left

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Apr 8 01:43:25 PDT 2009

Just a note; my focus is _wholly_ on the creation of a serious left in the u.s. The main reason, perhaps, for abolishing the prison system relates not to the prisoners but to the corrupting influence the prison system has on the social order as a whole. No one should really want living among us, for example, the kind of people created by employment as prison or jail staff. And no one should want the kind of population which supprots the present prison system. The punishment obsession shag describes is a ,akpr barroer tp solidarity == the woman I spoke to about migrants just spit out, then repeated, ELLEGAL, ILLEGAL, immigrants.

Carrol