[lbo-talk] "Doing History Backward" (Partial Draft)

Marv Gandall marvgandall at videotron.ca
Wed Apr 8 18:39:28 PDT 2009

Philip Pilkington writes:

>... I see nothing particularly progressive about the 60s generation.
> No responsibility, no ideas... nothing...
================================== It marched against the Vietnam war and in favour of liberation struggles in Africa and Latin America, the US civil rights movement, equal rights for women and gays, the mass uprisings against bureaucracy in Czechoslovakia and Gaullism in France, the Palestinian resistance to the Israeli occupation,the Northern Irish resistance to the British occupation, the ANC and the movement to free Mandela in South Africa, restrictions on artistic expression, free speech, and political rights, nuclear disarmament, trade union rights, protection of the environment, penal reform, etc.

I would describe it as "progressive".