[lbo-talk] Joseph Massad gets tenure

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 9 12:48:25 PDT 2009

What choice do they have? The original belief seems to have been that there would be quick unequivocal victories in Afghanistan and Iraq that would put the US in a position to squeeze Iran and do whatever it wanted to it, but things haven't really worked out that way and so there is a more powerful Iran stuck between two failed states, both of which it has a lot of influence in. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Tehran is dictating terms to the US in Iraq behind the scenes. So, what does an Israeli attack on Iran imply for the US positions in Iraq and Afghanistan? It's not good.