[lbo-talk] cleansing

Mike Beggs mikejbeggs at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:47:28 PDT 2009

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 11:30 AM, Philip Pilkington <pilkingtonphil at gmail.com> wrote:

> So... are you saying that marketers have created a demand? I'd find that
> rather odd. Marketers, after all, tend to pick up on demands through focus
> groups etc. As I pointed out earlier... they create little... they
> articulate well. You say they've "discovered" something. I agree... but it
> has to exist before you discover it... right?

Yeah sure... but marketing can articulate needs you never knew you had. Personally I've been waiting for someone to invent a digestive yogurt all my life. But it's possible that some people just don't notice a certain occasional tightness in the stomach or think about how dirty their lower intestine must be inside until consciousness of the product spreads. And little health niggles with real sensations can definitely have psychosomatic origins.

Mike Beggs scandalum.wordpress.com