[lbo-talk] cleansing

Philip Pilkington pilkingtonphil at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 18:30:01 PDT 2009

> Besides the psychologistic explanations others have jumped in with,
> I'd suggest its taking off partly because the marketing people have
> discovered a latent medical anxiety ripe for exploitation - and it's
> one that can be targeted with dietary supplements rather than highly
> regulated drugs.

So... are you saying that marketers have created a demand? I'd find that rather odd. Marketers, after all, tend to pick up on demands through focus groups etc. As I pointed out earlier... they create little... they articulate well. You say they've "discovered" something. I agree... but it has to exist before you discover it... right?