[lbo-talk] Ray festival in NYC

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Sat Apr 11 07:13:14 PDT 2009

On Apr 11, 2009, at 2:20 AM, Joanna wrote:
> Looks like a Satyajit Ray film festival is coming to NYC. For
> lurkers and posters -- this is something not to miss; he was one of
> the greatest film makers of the 20th century.

Joanna,

thank you for the info. Its been 10 years or more since I last saw a movie in a theatre, but I will pass on the information to friends who may be interested. On my last trip to India, I finally managed to find DVDs of Charulata, Aparajito, Ghare-Bare, Ganashatru, and Agantuk. Haven't had the time to see even one of them (again) ;-).

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/