[lbo-talk] help with 3D computer graphics anyone?

Alan Rudy alan.rudy at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 06:12:05 PDT 2009

For all sorts of reasons, probably tied to the fact that my dad was a physicist and I was raised in the era of "the new math", I am far far too fond of Venn Diagrams... especially those of the three circles in triangular formation. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know all the problems with such things - foremost above them: Even if all your doing is looking at relations between abstractions, since the "real world" lies only in the overlapping center, what is it that is implied to reside outside the exterior lines of the circles? - but I find them useful as a tool to think about relationships and what my abstractions treat as background or ceteris paribus away. What I am dreaming of is an ability to turn the circles into spheres and to be able to rotate the image in 3D or stack/layer 2D diagrams or... you get the drift. Anyone have any experience, ideas, or thoughts that might help me out? Thanks, Alan

********************************************************* Alan P. Rudy Visiting Associate Professor Dept. Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work Central Michigan University 124 Anspach Hall Mt Pleasant, MI 48858 517-881-6319