[lbo-talk] internally riven

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 13 05:22:57 PDT 2009

You're not getting it Miles. My objection is not to the notion that there are social structures that operate independently of any individual (duh). My objection is to the notion that there is ONE structure, with nothing outside it, that determines everything, with no input from anything outside the structure. Such as, Communists and Christians riding freedom busses. Your immediate recation was to assert that the freedom bus riding was really, despite the beliefs of the people on the busses, all about reinscribing relations of power inside the structure. That they might have been acting outside the structure does not seem to be conceivable to you.