[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 15 16:58:33 PDT 2009

Dennis Claxton wrote:
> At 02:21 PM 4/15/2009, ravi wrote:
>

>> Ignoring the revealing attempts at humour here on the
>> list,
>

> Chris said earlier people make fun out of guilt and now you're saying
> the making fun is "revealing."
>
> I don't think people are making fun out of guilt or some other hidden
> motive. I think it's because of the high-handed high-horseness
> associated with animal rights acitivism.

Given the large numbers of people who make fun of vegetarians I can't imagine guilt has anything to do with it. Are we to assume huge numbers of meat eaters actually feel guilty? That seems preposterous.

I agree that so many animal rights activists couch their argument in terms of how enlightened and ethical THEY are that most people see this as an ego inflated to the point of needing a puncture.

John Thornton