[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

C W Sedley cwsedley at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 18:04:54 PDT 2009

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 11:39 AM, John Thornton <jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> The vegetarians who proclaim loudly and publicly that they are vegetarians
> are doing so for what reason exactly?
> They imagine many people are excitedly waiting to find out details about
> anothers eating habits?

Making conversation? "I'm all for vegetarianism in private, but I just don't like it when they start shoving it down people's throats..."

There are a few vegetarian advocacy groups, a few of which are quite forceful in their arguments, but none that I know of that has the reach or aggression of the big pro-meat campaigns that are common in countries with rich agribusiness sectors. See, for example, the frequent declaration that vegetarians--or people who eat meat, but not often enough--are betraying their nation and wilfully alienating themselves from their species-essence:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3w2xHOkhmY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtJ9lleVvDo

CWS