[lbo-talk] Rise of Nasty Right

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Apr 16 09:58:14 PDT 2009

> I spend about a week per month working in Sandy Eggo and they
> call I-5 "The 5" and I-15 "The 15" and my family in Orange Co.
> do as well.

I think this is an example of the same kind of thing as standing "on line" -- you can do it in NYC, but if you're outside of Manhattan and you say it, you've pegged yourself as being affected. And the NorCal/SoCal schism means anyone who says "The 101" up here gets their azz kicked, pronto :-)

And what about those Canadians who are always "in hospital" and never "in the hospital" ...?

(Though I hear they have to wait 3 months!)

/jordan