[lbo-talk] Rise of Nasty Right

Mark Bennett bennett.mab at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 13:37:25 PDT 2009

That is indeed exactly how those interstates are referred down here. "The 15" merges with California 163 about 10 miles north of downtown SD, but one seldom hears "The 163." Directions to someone coming south to downtown SD would include something like "take the The 15 to 163 and continue on that until you enter downtown." Cal 163 is actually known as "The Cabrillo Freeway," but if you told someone to the "The Cabrillo" into downtown, not one person in fifty would know what you're talking about.