[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Thu Apr 16 13:50:38 PDT 2009

Dennis Claxton wrote:

> At 09:07 PM 4/15/2009, ravi wrote:
>
> >As the smiley indicates, it's a dig, a tease.
>
> Well, sometimes smileys can be too clever by half. I think Dwayne
> called you and Chris on such like a little while back. :-)
>
> >Do you really think that
> >I believe some living thing (X) is better than some other living thing
> >(Y)? And if I did, that saying so would actually help my cause?
>
> But it could be construed that you're saying it by not saying it, so
> even with a smiley face I'm not sure you're helping your cause.

What this thread has tended to perusuade me of is that it's not really worth paying attention to vegetarians -- simply be oblvious to any explicit or implict vegetarian criticisms of omnivores. Otherwise, just be marginally aware of them as one of the thousands of varying personal styles and preferences around one. It's not an issue really to debate. Some people drink bourbon. Some people drink scotch. Some people prefer beer or warm water. So? Some people are vegetarians.

Carrol