[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 16 18:36:53 PDT 2009

I'm pretty sure dolphins do this to.

Well, not about sources of nectar, but from vaguely following research on dolphin names (each dolphin seems to have an individual one acquired in childhood), I'm pretty sure that dolphins use the names of other dolphins in the absence of those dolphins.

Really, any enitity with enough cognitive ability to be able to separate "my experiences in the past" from "my experiences now" and correlate them with "a world that stays constant in my absence" should be able to do this, in principle, given a communicative apparatus of some sort. It's not complicated.

Bees, for example, seem to be