[lbo-talk] good morning my fellow ecosystems

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri Apr 17 08:18:53 PDT 2009

On Apr 17, 2009, at 8:27 AM, Doug Henwood wrote:
> On Apr 17, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>
>> What is more, meat itself is pretty tasteless
>
> That's a truly bizarre claim. People can disagree on the ethics,
> healthfulness, or sustainability of meat-eating, but meats have
> plenty of taste.

FWIW, my wife, who was a meat-eater agrees with Wojtek. She believes that meat is mostly about the texture and similar senses, rather than the burst of flavour one associates with onions, tomatoes, beets, spinach, etc. This has no bearing on my argument, just an anecdotal bit, FWIW. For that matter, I don't find any great flavour in various kinds of beans, gourds, etc.

On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:30 AM, JC Helary wrote:
> On samedi 18 avr. 09, at 08:03, Bill Bartlett wrote:
>
>> Had to log in and get this computer registered to play the only MP3
>> I've ever paid for. I was informed I would be allowed permission on
>> only 5 computers, so eventually (If computers continue to become
>> obsolete and I have to keep getting new ones) the MP3 I bought and
>> paid for will be useless. While all the illegal ones will continue
>> to work just fine.
>
> You can burn your DRMed music freely on a CD and (I think)
> eventually re-import without any limitation. Give it a try.

You are right. And in fact, you can skip that intermediate step with the CD by using a free software for the Mac called FairGame (http://seidai.50webs.com/Seidai%20Software.html ). There are other similar tools as well, both for Mac and Windows.

I recently heard that Apple is planning on going non-DRM for their downloads.

--ravi

-- Support something better than yourself ;-) PeTA => http://peta.org/ Greenpeace => http://greenpeace.org/ If you have nothing better to read: http://platosbeard.org/