[lbo-talk] speak your brane

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Sat Apr 18 07:34:27 PDT 2009

I'm pretty sure our own dsquared posted this to a feminist blog war comments section:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2009/mar/15/online-feedback-public-sector

The article is about how crazy commenting is on most of these user-generated sites, blogs, forums, etc. In the article, the author points to an example of the stupidity at www.ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com. The site, Speak Your Brane, mocks the idiotic comments that get left at the BBC's and laughed and laughed and laughed. Here's a good one:

<quote> I would say NO, they shouldn't have the vote,but does it matter what I say or think, The European Court of Human Rights doesn't care about my views otherwise they wouldn't come out with this sort of ridiculous ruling

kevin ball, Plymouth- rejected by the mods for no reason, United Kingdom </quote>

The blog's mocking commentary on the commentariat:

It's tragic really. Your opinions are so important and unambiguously expressed, the European Court of Human Rights would surely bow immediately to them if it only knew who you were, and then think what a beautiful place the world could be. But don't go blaming the PC brigade or any of that nonsense. It's just because you've not made a name for yourself. You should collect a cardboard box full of baby squirrels, set it on fire, and film yourself having boisterous sex with it while singing Barry White hits in a high-pitched squeaky voice. Then dress up as Bootsy Collins, turn yourself in to the police, and appeal your sentence all the way to Strasbourg. I guarantee they won't ignore you after that.

http://ifyoulikeitsomuchwhydontyougolivethere.com/2009/04/15/ignored-forsaken-disobeyed-abandoned-and-rejected/

enjoy!

-- http://cleandraws.com Wear Clean Draws