[lbo-talk] new radio product

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun Apr 19 05:22:05 PDT 2009

On Apr 19, 2009, at 2:32 AM, Mike Beggs wrote:

> So yeah, even though I don't think qualitative work should be pushed
> aside like it has, it was great to hear her not just complaining that
> it shouldn't be about the numbers, but pointing out that even the
> numbers are not on their side.

Yup. It's nice when you can do both. Sadly, it has no political effect in the U.S., where Obama is likely to continue NCLB intact.

It was interesting that she wouldn't go so far as to say the bourgeoisie, which I didn't name that way, wants automatons who follow orders and push buttons, so this is the educational system they've derived with that in mind. There's no evidence they really want critical thinkers and informed self-governing citizens, is there?

Doug