[lbo-talk] Identi.ca for Twittering Leftists?

shag carpet bomb shag at cleandraws.com
Wed Apr 22 08:46:32 PDT 2009

oh give me a fucking break. you have cool ideas most of the time Alan, but the tech stuff is just so far out there, to someone sitting on the front lines of it, it just sounds ridiculous.

how about: i've seen them come and i've seen them go. i have enough fucking to do, sitting in front a machine all day, writing, debugging, testing code, that i have utterly ZERO interest spending more time in front of it in the fucking evening.

if i'm going to spend MORE riding the internets, yes in fucking fact, I DO want it to be about something meaningful. I've spent three years among feminist bloggers, and before that a couple of years just reading them (while working for clients that needed help with the incredibly difficult techyness of it all *rolls eyes*)

all i saw was a constant degeneration of the commentariat into, often, a bunch of bullshit attacks on persons. as an example: a recent post at feministing, bemoaning a calvin klein ad. except it turned out not to be from calvin klein at all, but a student entry from s. korea. complete lack of interest in whether or not what they were writing about was even accurate, and then a complete lack of engagement such that the best the commentariat could do was correct the spelling in the entry.

or better yet, the brouhaha over seth rogen, jody hill, and observe and report: all these people had an opinion, but, maybe 1% actually saw the fucking movie. that is the kind of discourse "blogging" and "twittering" and 'facebooking" generates.

do you know why? because MOST people that constitute blog and twitter traffic are doing it while they are at work. hence, the utter lack of engagement. hence the need for 140 char updates, superficial bullshit, quick and dirty (QDOS!) comments that are often totally wrong but who cares because it's 15 facebook status updates since the internet rider showed his ass..

i'm sick of people jumping on the tech bandwagon, talking about how fucking "techy" they are, when they are so fucking NOT techy. i mean seriously, half of the people jumping up and down about this stuff and how techy, geeky, nerdy y'all are... make me laugh. this is what counts as techy, geeky, nerdy these days? for fucks sake. Try installing openBSD as Grimes does ferchrisakes.

all of a sudden, because someone can navigate facebook or twitter or whatthefuckever, they are some kind of technical wizard?

fuckmedead with a football bat.

gen Y? there was a fucking gen X before that for christ sake.

Abort? Retry? Fail?

DevfsckingNull