[lbo-talk] Against the genocide in Sri Lanka

Politicus E. epoliticus at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 08:10:50 PDT 2009

Ravi wrote "Rajapakse is on a cleverly orchestrated rampage and the only immediate influence that can be exerted on him, as far as I can see, would come from the Indian government influenced by the government of Tamil Nadu."

Perhaps this is the case. The D.M.K., a party for which I have no sympathy at all, is circulating rumors of a 12 hour general strike in Tamilnadu. Given the election, such a strike has a probability of affecting a favorable outcome. Hopefully, you are incorrect that "this one is over" in the sense that you specified.

epoliticus

-- "In the tender annals of Political Economy, the idyllic reigns from time immemorial ... the present year of course always excepted." -- A German refugee, circa 1867 --

http://epoliticus.wordpress.com/