[lbo-talk] Americans sorta like torture if it works

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 13:36:09 PDT 2009

The question of whether torture is morally permissible or not is not relevant to my point, which is that Wojtek's claim that torture can never be used to extract useful information is likely false.

--- On Thu, 4/23/09, Jordan Hayes <jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com> wrote: I'm not sure why you think this statement would not make you a "torture advocate" -- the whole point is that IT DOESN'T MATTER WHETHER IT 'WORKS' OR NOT, or even how you define 'works' -- Cheney's position is that you *can* measure whether it works or not and thus is a valid thing to do in "some" cases.

Those of us who are not torture advocates DO NOT CARE whether you can calculate the efficiency of torture: it is wrong in every case.

You apparently agree with Cheney.