[lbo-talk] Americans sorta like torture if it works

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Fri Apr 24 05:28:38 PDT 2009

Shane Mage wrote:

> On Apr 23, 2009, at 4:19 PM, Chris Doss wrote:
>

> > Now that I think about it a second, I think you seem to be assuming
> > that the person being tortured is just some guy who may or may not
> > know the information being sought

I assume he is a murderous thug at best and that he holds information that might save thousands of lives - and I still maintain that a society that tortures him is a corrupt society, and that those who approve of that torture are not fit for civilized companionship.

Torture corrupts a society, and its regular practice guarantees the eventual deaths of hundreds of thousands.

Carrol