[lbo-talk] The extreme Google brain

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Apr 29 11:35:18 PDT 2009

DRR writes:

> I've suffered through more Windows machines than I
> care to remember, then at long last switched to a low-end
> Mac this year.

Do you mean that you suffered through the ugly ones? Because that's what this thread is about.

> It was like night and day. Beautiful screen ...

You mean that buying a new computer gave you a better screen? Bravo!
:-)

> [...] an OS which doesn't constantly crash...

I'm no fan of Windows, but I have on average about the same amount of trouble with my Mac as I do with Windows; it's different kinds of problems, but just because Jobs pays designers more than the Taiwanese competition does doesn't keep the number one rule of OS programming out of that nice looking box: the customers find and fix the problems.

Enjoy your new machine, until you don't.

/jordan