[lbo-talk] 31-cent ice cream and anarchist theory

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Apr 30 13:09:20 PDT 2009

On Apr 30, 2009, at 3:41 PM, shag carpet bomb wrote:

> as for the anarchist thread, i do agree with carrol that, if you're
> goin to ask questions, it's probably a point of principled debate that
> you bother to give your own stab at an answer, first.

That's nonsense. Sometimes you ask a question because you want to know the answer. That's half of what journalism is about. (Alex Cockburn at Andrew Kopkind's memorial: "He was a real journalist. He asked people questions, wrote down their answers.") It's what I do on the radio every week. Only an ideologue asks questions to which he already knows the answer.

Doug