[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Left-Wing Wacko leftwingwacko at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 12:23:26 PDT 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 11:42 AM, martin<mschiller at pobox.com> wrote:

> Really? A sense of professionalism constrained you? That's a tough one for
> me to wrap my head around. I think I'd be cautioned by possibilities of
> older brothers, raging mothers or litigant others. (where the hell did those
> 'no fear' decals originate)?
>
> martin

Martin, Really, that was kind of a low blow. I was generalizing the point of a situation where someone in the course of their job might be on the receiving end of yelling and disrespect, and despite that can not, and should not, react in a violent manner. I suppose that we should generalize it to even broader situations that people in all sorts situations should NOT react in a violent manner despite being on the receiving end of disrespect.

I suppose the word "professionalism" is really irrelevant. FYI-As far as public school teachers are concerned they are all aware of that the quickest way to the unemployement line is to lay a hand on a child.

However, for police, abuse of their authority is regularly tolerated and even excused.

It seems Jordan wants to defend the idea that police are sometimes justified in the abuse of their power. But either he's to cowardly to come out and say it, or it just makes him feel good to take issue with some of my statements and call me stupid and foolish.

> PS - Jordan and Sheldon - thank you for the exchange that helped me
> establish an identity for left-wing whacko. Sorry about your wasted posts,
> but Doug can be lenient (or maybe even absent) on weekends, and Jordan, cut
> yourself a little slack.

Yeah, thanks Martin, that's really sad that you now think you have "established an identity". Here I am, arguing for holding police accountable for their abuse of power, and I am being made out to be the bad guy? What? Did I suddenly end up on the Freeper list?

Now if the insults and misrepresentations have ended then I have nothing more to say about this.

Sheldon