[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Matt lbo4 at beyondzero.net
Mon Aug 3 07:13:50 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 03:29:19PM -0700, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> What most people think is "just a little disrespect" to a cop is usually
> far more than they'd ever take themselves from anyone in their own job,
> let alone from a family member or a friend. Gates would probably never
> treat a shopkeeper, a house painter, or a car salesman like he probably
> treated that cop.

OTOH, this thread made me think: what if Customer Service / Tech. Support workers had arrest powers? How Gates screamed at the cop is how "a lot" of people treat others on the phone when their cable tv stops working, their gadget is broken, their Internet has problems. But unlike cops, customer service workers are expected to take the verbal abuse.

Matt

-- GnuPG Key ID: 0xC33BD882 aim: beyondzero123 yahoo msg: beyondzero123

You see this napkin? In 24 hours, we could have the signatures of 70 Senators on this napkin.

-Former AIPAC official Steven Rosen, boasting about the

Israel lobby's influence over the US Legislature.