[lbo-talk] Black scholar arrest angers Obama

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 5 11:20:18 PDT 2009

At 08:44 PM 8/4/2009, Jordan Hayes wrote:

>>it is stupid to refuse to provide ID to an officer
>
>It is not STUPID. It is UNLAWFUL!

That's a state to state and incident to incident issue. I think stupid is the more correct answer here.

>Most of the people directly involved are cops. They're not going to
>contradict one another. Doesn't mean much. robert wood
>
> > I've said this before, but maybe you missed it: *no one* who is directly
> > involved said this was an improper arrest. So any statement like "Gates
> > got arrested because Crowley was pissed" is off the deep end.
> >
> > It's barmy, as they say.
> >
> > /jordan

Jordan did you read the stories about the police report misrepresenting what the 911 caller said? I think you're right it's not a simple matter of "Crowley was pissed" but Robert is also right. You wouldn't expect the police to contradict each other publically.